Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

Hòa An Beach

Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
It is hot and the sky a murky grey. Its like during the last few days in Vietnam. 

South of Qui Nhơn is a section of the national highway number one that slopes on top of cliffs that dive steep into the ocean. Almost inaccessible white and wild beaches are followed by fishing villages on long and calm beaches or big and dirty industrial zones. I pass trough the habituated and industrialized stretches but stop every now and then when I seem to be the only living person under the sky. I walk over the hot sand, cool in the salty water and play with the high waves.

After i travel some kilometers in this fashion, I take a turn and leave the national road behind. Without any idea where I am going I reach Hòa An. The villages' roads are so narrow that turning the scooter is a proper piece of work. Especially compared to the shabby houses the view of the local fishing fleet is rather impressive. 

Everyone I pass looked puzzled and surprised to see me. Many point in the same direction. So I decide to follow. I park and walk through sand, a field of cacti and piles of trash. On the hill to my left are small colorful tombs. I climb a dune and see the ocean. A perfect bay, perfect sand, a perfect beach, even the clouds vanish for a second. When I finally take the camera out, the sky is grey again and even some raindrops fall. 

When I stop to buy a water everyone at the kiosk wants me to take a picture. And when i have the typical Vietnamese iced coffee with milk at the village's café, everyone again wants me to take pictures. 

So I take photos.

Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine
Hòa An Beach
© Eike-Christian Heine

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen